Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary
My Loves

Vincent Murphy

Central New York

Central New York
Rocks!

Spring

Spring
Come On!

Awwwwww

Awwwwww
I miss my Missy

Better Days

Better Days
they'll come again

Alicia Vida Billman

Alicia Vida Billman
is 29 today

This says it all!

This says it all!
Friday noon, you're coming home with me Vinny.

Vincent Murphy?

Vincent Murphy?
What!?

Tuesday nights

Tuesday nights
are gonna change in May

Mr. Murphy

Mr. Murphy
waiting for his haircut

When I get bored

When I get bored
I take pictures of myself in bathrooms

Graphic Boulevard

Graphic Boulevard
blown transformers and a tree

Cars in Bergenfield

Cars in Bergenfield
didn't do well

House on Queen St

House on Queen St
with a for sale sign in front of it

Bergenfield

Bergenfield
Storm 2010

Vincent Murphy

Vincent Murphy
and his look alike Bob Murphy

Off my back porch

Off my back porch
Don't worry I didn't take this pic while falling

Down Kellogg Street

Down Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

My house, our cars

My house, our cars

Winter 2010

Winter 2010

Summer!

Summer!
I want summer back!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Geek Repository

I should've known that asking about your favorite Star Trek would bring out the total geek in one of you whose name begins with C. Just sayin'. I like that my blog can be an educational place, where Jess can learn about the nuances of Trekology.

So I saw the movie, and it was great. It was like watching Lost only in Space -- get it, Lost in Space? I mean JJ Abrams ought to direct my life; I'd be in great shape from all that running around. And I look pretty good in a mini skirt. Yes, they're still wearing mini skirts in space. I don't know about that. And JJ Abrams' answer to the mini skirt question was bull. Neil Conan should have followed up a little better on that one, but the Talk of the Nation interview was a feel good one, I suppose.

Today I will not be going to the Adirondacks as vaguely planned because it is cold and nasty looking. By cold I mean 31 degrees last night. What a crazy summer. But I'm undaunted. Last night D and I picked up my very large light up palm tree from a friend's house, and it will make my back porch a tropical oasis.

So think of me today as you're sweating in Portland or freezing in New York. Summer's here -- somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Well, she has to be in a miniskirt, because the 23rd century had miniskirts in the 1960s. Makes perfect sense. Continuity and all.

    As we were leaving the theater, I said that I agreed with some of the comments I've seen that Uhura should have had a bigger role besides just having a mysterious first name and being Spock's girlfriend. Sure, she forced her way onto the Enterprise and translated the first signal, but then she didn't get to do anything cool the rest of the movie like the others did. Then I got in the car, and as soon as I turned it on I heard JJ Abrams on Talk of the Nation saying "...know that some people are disappointed in Uhura not having a larger part, but we did a lot better than in the series and I think people will be proud of the character's role in the movie." Eeeeeeerrie.

    Also, I got quite upset during the previews upon seeing that Christopher Eccleston is in a G.I. Joe movie, of all things. He's The Doctor, for pete's sake! He shouldn't be in a stupid GI Joe movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that every time I read the title of this post I think it reads "Greek Suppository" I am kind of glad that my thoughts are not the title though.

    ReplyDelete