Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary
My Loves

Vincent Murphy

Central New York

Central New York
Rocks!

Spring

Spring
Come On!

Awwwwww

Awwwwww
I miss my Missy

Better Days

Better Days
they'll come again

Alicia Vida Billman

Alicia Vida Billman
is 29 today

This says it all!

This says it all!
Friday noon, you're coming home with me Vinny.

Vincent Murphy?

Vincent Murphy?
What!?

Tuesday nights

Tuesday nights
are gonna change in May

Mr. Murphy

Mr. Murphy
waiting for his haircut

When I get bored

When I get bored
I take pictures of myself in bathrooms

Graphic Boulevard

Graphic Boulevard
blown transformers and a tree

Cars in Bergenfield

Cars in Bergenfield
didn't do well

House on Queen St

House on Queen St
with a for sale sign in front of it

Bergenfield

Bergenfield
Storm 2010

Vincent Murphy

Vincent Murphy
and his look alike Bob Murphy

Off my back porch

Off my back porch
Don't worry I didn't take this pic while falling

Down Kellogg Street

Down Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

My house, our cars

My house, our cars

Winter 2010

Winter 2010

Summer!

Summer!
I want summer back!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yes, I'm a happy camper . . .

When D gave me the good news the other day, I just didn't time to check on it. But it's true. New York Regional Interconnect has given up its attempt to put in huge power towers and lines that would have cut through CNY in order to provide the NYC area with more stable power transmission. Had it happened, the lines would have cut through some CNY villages, and we up here in the boonies would have seen our power bill go up. Here's an excerpt from the letter I found on NYRI's website:


Letter from Chris Thompson, President of NYRI

April 9, 2009

To Our Friends and Supporters:

On Monday, April 6, 2009, New York Regional Interconnect (NYRI) sent a letter to the New York Public Service Commission (PSC) administrative law judge Jeffrey Stockholm officially announcing that we were suspending our participation in the PSC's Article VII process.

We were disappointed to have to make this decision after nearly five years working on this project. But we had no choice.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) on March 31 denied our request to review the rules it recently approved for transmission tariffs of the New York State Independent System Operator (NYISO). We requested this review because, if left to stand, the NYISO rules would create an unacceptable financial risk for NYRI's investors. The subsequent FERC denial of our request kept the rules in place, creating a situation where even if our project were to be sited by the PSC, NYRI would face the prospect of being unable to recover its costs for the transmission line.

We know that our friends and supporters of the project are as disappointed and surprised as we are in this turn of events.


The letter goes on to than those groups who supported NYRI's endeavor to trash parts of NY in order to provide air conditioning to other parts.

So, when the lights brownout or even go out this summer when I'm at my parents' house in NJ, I won't complain. Heck, it has to be over 95 degrees for them to turn on the air conditioning. Yes NYRI, I remember the blackout of 2003. Yes, I was up in the boonies and the lights only flickered. Yes, I'm glad you didn't get what you want. Maybe you should put your efforts into solar?

In other news, I didn't make it to NJ. I was not feeling well yesterday, and I am terrified to give the ancient ones anything. So, if you were thinking of robbing my house while I was gone, sorry. If you were thinking of surprising me by doing the yard work, I'll stay in the house and pretend I'm not here. Come on over. Tomorrow, I'll be blogging from CNY, not the big NJ, and I'll put up a disclaimer right now. Easter makes me sappy, and some little Catholicness oozes out.

Happy Saturday
Rejoice, oh ye central New Yorkers. NYRI is gone at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. Now I feel bad... I thought you would have known about it, so I didn't bother mentioning it the other day when I heard about it. I am personally ELATED!! those lines would have gone up right through my scenic drive home on route 8. There are hundreds of VERY happy campers now!

    ReplyDelete