Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary
My Loves

Vincent Murphy

Central New York

Central New York
Rocks!

Spring

Spring
Come On!

Awwwwww

Awwwwww
I miss my Missy

Better Days

Better Days
they'll come again

Alicia Vida Billman

Alicia Vida Billman
is 29 today

This says it all!

This says it all!
Friday noon, you're coming home with me Vinny.

Vincent Murphy?

Vincent Murphy?
What!?

Tuesday nights

Tuesday nights
are gonna change in May

Mr. Murphy

Mr. Murphy
waiting for his haircut

When I get bored

When I get bored
I take pictures of myself in bathrooms

Graphic Boulevard

Graphic Boulevard
blown transformers and a tree

Cars in Bergenfield

Cars in Bergenfield
didn't do well

House on Queen St

House on Queen St
with a for sale sign in front of it

Bergenfield

Bergenfield
Storm 2010

Vincent Murphy

Vincent Murphy
and his look alike Bob Murphy

Off my back porch

Off my back porch
Don't worry I didn't take this pic while falling

Down Kellogg Street

Down Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

My house, our cars

My house, our cars

Winter 2010

Winter 2010

Summer!

Summer!
I want summer back!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Ed, Colin, you're overacting

Well, here I am at 7:00 in the morning watching the end of a movie whose name I don't know. It's about New York City cops, and being a man, and (I think) being Irish, and (I think) doing the right thing in tough times. It's pretty bad; it's pretty macho.

It makes me wonder, once again, how does this stuff get into my queue? Do I have blackouts, or just terrible lapses in judgment? After all, I'm an educated person. You'd think I'd pick better movies (okay, now people are hitting each other with bats, mob style, but they're cops, get it?). Edward Norton should ashamed of himself and spend his time finishing Motherless Brooklyn, which now has a release date of 2010.

I guess we all need some mindless drivel every once in a while, and not every movie has to be somehow significant or thoughtful or good. I mean they can't all have Keanu Reeves in them.

So here's my optimistism-oriented end of the week wrap up of things to be happy about:
-- I have three sets of things to grade by Tuesday, but I don't have four

-- I'm turning in my tenure file today

-- I have some cool things to look forward to this weekend, including the following: Sunday (Feb 22) at 10:30 am, Maurice Isserman will be speaking at the UU Church, 10 Higby St Utica, 13501. The title of his talk is "From Anne Hutchinsson to the Mohawk Valley Peace Coalition: four centuries of radical dissent in America".If you're in CNY, come on down.

-- If the snow quits, I think Ruby would like to go for a drive. She needs to get to know that there's so much more to Utica than just driving to work and back.

-- numero uno reason for optimism -- Spring Break is within range, less than two weeks away, and Ruby and me, well we're hittin' the road

-- and (jeez I almost forgot!) I GOT A BAND. Yeah, the dude did actually email me and wants to practice

Anybody out there got any news, plans, movies you're ashamed to say you watch?
Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment