Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary
My Loves

Vincent Murphy

Central New York

Central New York
Rocks!

Spring

Spring
Come On!

Awwwwww

Awwwwww
I miss my Missy

Better Days

Better Days
they'll come again

Alicia Vida Billman

Alicia Vida Billman
is 29 today

This says it all!

This says it all!
Friday noon, you're coming home with me Vinny.

Vincent Murphy?

Vincent Murphy?
What!?

Tuesday nights

Tuesday nights
are gonna change in May

Mr. Murphy

Mr. Murphy
waiting for his haircut

When I get bored

When I get bored
I take pictures of myself in bathrooms

Graphic Boulevard

Graphic Boulevard
blown transformers and a tree

Cars in Bergenfield

Cars in Bergenfield
didn't do well

House on Queen St

House on Queen St
with a for sale sign in front of it

Bergenfield

Bergenfield
Storm 2010

Vincent Murphy

Vincent Murphy
and his look alike Bob Murphy

Off my back porch

Off my back porch
Don't worry I didn't take this pic while falling

Down Kellogg Street

Down Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

My house, our cars

My house, our cars

Winter 2010

Winter 2010

Summer!

Summer!
I want summer back!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Silly Rabbit

I was reading Jess's blog this morning and found out that until quite recently she didn't know the joy of Twix candy bars. Boy am I glad she found herself on that one. It got me to thinking about things we think we don't like, which got me to thinking about my dear Aunt Grace who in recent years has eased up just a little on one food dislike, raisins. D likes to say that I am food eccentric, but I got nothin' on Aunt Grace who will eat turnovers but not pie. Aunt Grace also will not try a plethora of foods because she thinks she might not like them. Is that how it works? The thinking prevents the knowing? Aunt Grace also will not eat pork roast (only roast, mind you) because once thirty years ago after eating pork roast she had a smothering feeling in her chest.

I will not eat bitter melon, and I find cooked fruit slimy and wet. Most of the world is with me on that first one, I suspect. After all, you don't see too many bitter melon stands on the side of the road. At first when I read Jess's post I couldn't imagine a candy I wouldn't eat, especially one that involved chocolate. Then I remembered a candy bar that I tried once and couldn't finish. It had four or five chocolate covered sections and the sections had different flavored fillings. Good concept, bad execution. Anybody know what it is? Let me know if you do, and please let me know if there's a candy you won't eat, or your favorite candy bars. Mine are:

Well, that's the problem, isn't it? It's like trying to figure out who in your life you love the most. Do I pick Chunky because he's an old love and part of my childhood, or do I go with the exotic but fairly new to my life Milky Way Midnight? The Ice Cubes I bought with saved up pennies as a kid, or the Three Musketeers bar that I can have even when dieting? No matter which one comes to mind, candy=love.

Who's your sugar baby, baby?

Happy Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Already did it as a facebook pick 5. :)
    Lake Champlain 5-star hazlenut bar, Aero, Twix, and Lindt dark chocolate truffle BAR, not those weird Death Star-shaped things. (The other was maple sugar candies.) I used to love Cadbury caramel bars when I was a kid, but they changed the recipe along the way after they bought Brachs and it was never the same.

    Ooo, that reminded me of my madeline - Brach's chocolate stars. My grandmother used to buy me a little scoop of them at the Sears candy counter when we were out shopping on Saturdays, and I'd carry the little white crinkly paper bag around the rest of the day. Even before she was outright diabetic she would have a blood sugar drop while we were out and need to stop and get something. She was an old school shopper - out at 8 and not back until time to make dinner.

    As for candy I hate, I never understood the appeal of hard candies, or those sugared jelly sections, or extra-sour candy. Basically, anything not based on chocolate (except for maple sugar).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and of course you CANNOT GET THE STARS ANYWHERE NOW ARGH.
    Well, you can get them by mail-order from specialty places, but I haven't seen them in an actual store in years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about a Skybar? My dad loves those, and I think they are disgusting. I thought they were just caramel bars and was wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong!

    My favorite Candies: Zagnut, Swedish Fish, Nestle Nips (not the coffee or Peanut butter kinds), Almond Joy, and basically anything with Dark chocolate, not really a milk chocolate lover unless it is wrapped around something phenomenal like caramel and peanuts.

    Least Favorites: Crunch (don't like the crispies, they cut my tongue), Milky Way (not enough stuff inside don't really like the milky way dark either), Sour Candies any and all, Pop Rocks for the same reason as crunch, one popped in my throat once and I haven't eaten them since, and some Israeli chocolate bar I had last year, I hated it because it had pop rocks in it. I suffered through the entire bite dreading the pops. If you look up "Poppin chocolate" you can buy it online to try for yourself... or just og here: http://www.amalyagrocery.com/Product_674_Search.html

    ReplyDelete