Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary
My Loves

Vincent Murphy

Central New York

Central New York
Rocks!

Spring

Spring
Come On!

Awwwwww

Awwwwww
I miss my Missy

Better Days

Better Days
they'll come again

Alicia Vida Billman

Alicia Vida Billman
is 29 today

This says it all!

This says it all!
Friday noon, you're coming home with me Vinny.

Vincent Murphy?

Vincent Murphy?
What!?

Tuesday nights

Tuesday nights
are gonna change in May

Mr. Murphy

Mr. Murphy
waiting for his haircut

When I get bored

When I get bored
I take pictures of myself in bathrooms

Graphic Boulevard

Graphic Boulevard
blown transformers and a tree

Cars in Bergenfield

Cars in Bergenfield
didn't do well

House on Queen St

House on Queen St
with a for sale sign in front of it

Bergenfield

Bergenfield
Storm 2010

Vincent Murphy

Vincent Murphy
and his look alike Bob Murphy

Off my back porch

Off my back porch
Don't worry I didn't take this pic while falling

Down Kellogg Street

Down Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

Up Kellogg Street

My house, our cars

My house, our cars

Winter 2010

Winter 2010

Summer!

Summer!
I want summer back!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A rant about insurance companies . . .

well just mine. How is it that in the same 24 hour period I can have to learn about and absorb the following:
1) My insurance company has sent my ob/gyn a list of patients who did not act on their mammogram prescriptions, along with instructions to call said patients and guilt trip them, and
2) I will have to decide how much I can afford (out of pocket) I will be willing to pay for acupuncture just because the acupuncturist (who is smart and knowledgeable) is not credentialed in a way my insurance company recognizes.

Okay, before I go any further I need to caveat: yes, mammograms are good for everybody. Yes, there is always a chance that people who aren't D.O.s or M.D.s might be incompetent. But somehow that doesn't mean much when right now at this the technologically advanced 21st century of medicine, I still can't walk in the morning and I missed two days of work. To a closet puritan like me, that's egregious to put it mildly.

Since I like to keep my rants brief and since computing bothers my back, I'll close now. I do feel better. Thanks blog.


4 comments:

  1. DOs and MDs can be incompetent too, I'm sure you know.

    I don't like insurance companies none neither (triple negative to show my distaste and displeasure).

    Katie Kindle is kute... uh, I mean cute. Our Katie is Catie, though, and Cindle isn't the same as Kindle, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know she's a C girl like my Catherine, but how can you resist when it's so close and such a perfect way to honor the high regard you feel for both of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALMOST thou dost persuade me. :)

    Glad to hear your pain was less. How is it now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarkbar,
    My back is sore but (on the bright side) my feet and hands are working again. What this means is that, for example, if I drop something I can actually bend and pick it up. I drop a lot of things when whatever it is that happens happens. Missy likes it A LOT, but I somehow find it discouraging and worry that in her immense haste she will eat summin she oughtn't.

    ReplyDelete